Summer Fun Programs
Due to the current COVID-19 Pandemic, most programs 2020 have been suspended or will be re-imagined in a virtual context. Information about our limited county Summer Fun Programs can be found below. Learn about free state programming happening throughout the summer. See more information about our 4-H Victory Garden program
What is 4-H Summer Fun?
The mission of 4-H Summer Fun is to provide a safe, affordable, enriching environment where youth can learn and develop new skills and have fun while doing it! Students participate in field trips and other hands-on learning opportunities targeting agriculture, horticulture, leadership, citizenship, healthy living, and science. The programs we offer change each year, so see our most recent Summer Fun article for more information.
How do I participate?
- All of our summer fun programs specific to Durham County will be done remotely this summer. For more information or questions please email your 4-H agent at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read our Summer Fun Brochure. (Español)
- Enroll in 4HOnline.
- Choose which workshops, events, or activities are most interesting to you! Workshop descriptions including time, location, cost, and age requirements are found in our summer fun brochure.
- Register online via Eventbrite, or through NCSU Extension pages, linked in our brochure.
Policies & Procedures
Registering for 4-H Summer Fun
Workshops will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Please select ALL workshops in which you wish for your child to participate. Note that all workshops have capacity limits. If the workshop is full, you may request to be added to the waitlist.
- All participants must be enrolled in 4HOnline
- Punctuality of all participants and parents is expected.
- Durham County 4-H Summer Fun activities operate under the 4-H Code of Conduct and Disciplinary Procedure.
- Event description is subject to change.
- For accommodations for persons with disabilities, contact the Durham County 4-H agent at email@example.com no less than 5 days prior to the event.