Summer Fun Programs
Due to the current COVID-19 Pandemic, most programs 2020 have been suspended or will be re-imagined in a virtual context. More information will be available soon. Most of the current registration information will not apply until new plans are made, except for 4HOnline will still be required. Click here to learn about free state programming happening throughout the summer.
What is 4-H Summer Fun?
The mission of 4-H Summer Fun is to provide a safe, affordable, enriching environment where youth can learn and develop new skills and have fun while doing it! Students participate in field trips and other hands-on learning opportunities targeting agriculture, horticulture, leadership, citizenship, healthy living, and science. The programs we offer change each year, so see our most recent Summer Fun article for more information.
How do I participate?
- Stop by the Durham County N.C. Cooperative Extension office to talk about your interests with 4-H Extension Agent, Mac Hulbert. You can also email him at email@example.com
- Enroll in 4HOnline.
- Choose which workshops, events, or activities are most interesting to you! Workshop descriptions including time, location, cost, and age requirements are found in our summer fun brochure.
- Partially complete the 4-H Summer Fun Registration on Google Forms. (Currently under construction as we re-plan the summer in light of COVID-19)
Policies & Procedures
To be updated in light of COVID-19
Registering for 4-H Summer Fun
Workshops will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Please select ALL workshops in which you wish for your child to participate. Note that all workshops have capacity limits. If the workshop is full, you may request to be added to the waitlist.
To register for 4-H Summer Fun, you must:
- Fill out the Google Form here: 4-H Summer Fun Registration, or print out and complete registration forms in our brochure.
- Register on 4-H Online, or complete a paper form to turn in to the office found in our brochure.
- Print and sign the guardian release.
- Pay to finalize your reservation. If not finalized by June 1st, members on the waitlist can reserve your spot. Payment is preferred in the form of a check, but cash payment is accepted in our office. Checks should be addressed to Durham County 4-H. Eventbrite payment may be made for an additional fee online.
- All participants must be enrolled in 4HOnline
- Punctuality of all participants and parents is expected.
- Durham County 4-H Summer Fun activities operate under the 4-H Code of Conduct and Disciplinary Procedure.
- Snacks and water will be provided for all activities. Please bring your own lunch, unless noted.
- Transportation will be provided when necessary from the N.C. Cooperative Extension of Durham County office to and from most Summer Fun Programs.
- Event description is subject to change.
- For accommodations for persons with disabilities, contact the Durham County 4-H agent at firstname.lastname@example.org no less than 5 days prior to the event.