Healthcare for the Uninsured
This information was provided by the Partnership for a Healthy Durham
Affordable Care Act (ACA), also known as Obamacare:
- If you, a family member, or someone you know is laid off work due to the coronavirus or other circumstances and might lose health coverage, the NC Navigator Consortium provides FREE assistance. Contact the NC Navigator Consortium by phone, 1-855-733-3711 or via the website: NC Navigator
- You have 60 days to apply after a life change like losing a job that provided health coverage.
Although under normal circumstances there are three ways to apply for Medicaid, the primary option right now is to apply online at ePass.
What can I do if I don’t feel well and don’t have insurance?
- Uninsured people, who are not feeling well should look for the nearest Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). FQHCs are affordable health centers or clinics that receive federal funds to provide necessary health services in communities across the state.
- If you think you may have COVID-19, be sure to reveal it when you call for an appointment. If you can’t go to an FQHC, call your local health department.
- If you have a medical emergency, call 911 or call ahead and then go to the emergency department.
Durham FHQC Health Centers Currently Operating
- Lincoln Community Health Center, 1301 Fayetteville St. * 919-956-4034 (appointment line) * 919-956-4000
- Walltown Neighborhood Clinic * 815 Broad St. * 919-416-1254
- Health Care for the Homeless Clinic at Urban Ministries of Durham * 412 Liberty St. * 919-808-5640
- Live Well Primary Care Clinic * 3901 North Roxboro St, Suite 101, Durham * 919-296-1758
- Lincoln CHC at Durham County Department of Health and Human Services * 414 East Main St, Durham * 919-560-7785
- Samaritan Health * Currently holding all new patient registration appointments by video or phone. Call 919-407-8154 for more information.
- Duke Health LATCH program provides care coordination for patients without health insurance. Fill out a request online. (919) 613-6509
Last updated July 6, 2020