Skip to main content

Logo for N.C. Cooperative Extension N.C. Cooperative Extension Homepage

Healthcare for the Uninsured

en Español / em Português

El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.

Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.


Inglês é o idioma de controle desta página. Na medida que haja algum conflito entre o texto original em Inglês e a tradução, o Inglês prevalece.

Ao clicar no link de tradução, um serviço gratuito de tradução será ativado para converter a página para o Português. Como em qualquer tradução pela internet, a conversão não é sensivel ao contexto e pode não ocorrer a tradução para o significado orginal. O serviço de Extensão da Carolina do Norte (NC State Extension) não garante a exatidão do texto traduzido. Por favor, observe que algumas funções ou serviços podem não funcionar como esperado após a tradução.


English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.

Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.

Collapse ▲

This information was provided by the Partnership for a Healthy Durham

Affordable Care Act (ACA), also known as Obamacare:

  • If you, a family member, or someone you know is laid off work due to the coronavirus or other circumstances and might lose health coverage, the NC Navigator Consortium provides FREE assistance. Contact the NC Navigator Consortium by phone, 1-855-733-3711 or via the website: NC Navigator
  • You have 60 days to apply after a life change like losing a job that provided health coverage.

Although under normal circumstances there are three ways to apply for Medicaid, the primary option right now is to apply online at ePass.

What can I do if I don’t feel well and don’t have insurance?

  • Uninsured people, who are not feeling well should look for the nearest Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). FQHCs are affordable health centers or clinics that receive federal funds to provide necessary health services in communities across the state.
  • If you think you may have COVID-19, be sure to reveal it when you call for an appointment. If you can’t go to an FQHC, call your local health department.
  • If you have a medical emergency, call 911 or call ahead and then go to the emergency department.

Durham FHQC Health Centers Currently Operating

Last updated April 11, 2022