4-H Poultry Show: Join Us for the 4-H Feather Classic
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Registration due by April 1, 2021. Register via Eventbrite. Participants must also be registered on 4-H Online.
About this Event
Join Caswell, Durham, Orange, and Person County 4-H for our inaugural 4-H Feather Classic poultry show! This event is open to all youth ages 5-18 years old. You will register your child and receive 6 chicks (Golden Lace Wyandotte or Barred Rock). The total cost of this program is $40. This covers the cost of the chicks and a t-shirt.
Follow this link for an informational video.
Families with more than one child may choose to have their children share the SAME SET of birds (6 birds are provided with each child showing 3 each at the show). The two children will receive 6 birds of the SAME breed to share on show day. Each child will show 3 different birds on the day of the show. The cost will be $40 for the first child but families may purchase an additional registration for their second child at a discounted rate of $10. This discount is only open to children within the same family and to the second child of a pair. (ex. A family with two children would pay one $40 registration fee and one $10 registration fee. A family of three children would need to pay two $40 registration fees and one $10 registration fee for a total of $90)
Please read the Rules and Regulations before registering.
Please read the liability, assumption of risk, indemnification language, and program expectations at the bottom of this page. You will be asked to agree to these terms in your registration. If you do not agree, the child you are registering will not be able to participate in the program. A photo/media release is also included below; you may opt out of the photo/media release and still participate in the program.
NORTH CAROLINA 4-H YOUTH DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, PHOTO & MEDIA RELEASE, AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT
In consideration of NC State University and/or N.C. A&T State University allowing my minor child to participate in the North Carolina 4-H Program, (hereinafter “Program”), I, for myself and/or on behalf of the minor child listed below (“Minor”), agree as follows:
I affirm and acknowledge that the Minor is participating in the Program for their own personal benefit. I understand that the Minor will participate in recreational and other activities as part of the Program and that such activities have inherent dangers and physical risks. I understand and acknowledge that the inherent dangers and physical risks involved in these activities are such that no amount of care, caution, instruction or expertise can completely eliminate them. These dangers and risks include, but are not limited to, loss of or damage to personal property, strains, sprains, bruises, heat exhaustion, and other personal injuries, or even death, that could result from tripping, falling, contact with other individuals, and equipment failure, among other causes. I assume responsibility for all risks, known and unknown, involving the Minor’s participation in the aforementioned activities, and I voluntarily authorize the Minor’s participation in reliance upon my own judgment and knowledge of the Minor’s experience and capabilities.
Additionally, I understand that the coronavirus (“COVID-19”) has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization and has become more widespread, including within North Carolina. COVID-19 is very contagious and believed to be spread mainly from person-to-person contact. I understand and appreciate that there are known and potential dangers of utilizing the Program’s facilities, services, and programs, and I acknowledge that the use of these facilities and services may, despite the Program’s reasonable efforts to mitigate the dangers, result in exposure to COVID-19, which could result in quarantine requirements, serious illness, disability and/or death. The Center for Disease Control and state and local health departments are reviewing and updating their respective guidance on the pandemic and its impact nearly every day.
I represent that I am acting on my behalf or as the parent or legal guardian of the Minor and I have authority to enter this Agreement. I also represent that the Minor is in proper physical and other condition to participate in the Program. I understand that it is my sole responsibility to determine whether the Minor is sufficiently fit and healthy enough to participate in the Program, and if necessary, I will consult with the Minor’s physician for appropriate guidance.
On behalf of myself and the Minor, I hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless N.C. Cooperative Extension, NC State University, N.C. A&T State University, the NC 4-H Youth Development Program, and their trustees, officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from any liability, losses, costs, damages, claims, or causes of action of any kind or nature whatsoever, and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising from, resulting from, or relating in any way to the Minor’s participation in the Program. I further agree that if, despite this Agreement, the Minor or anyone on the Minor’s behalf, makes a claim against any of the Released Parties, I will indemnify, defend and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any liabilities which may be incurred as a result of such claim.
I understand that the Minor and I are required to be familiar with and abide by the Program’s rules and regulations, including the 4-H Code of Conduct and/or the NC 4-H Volunteer Standard of Behavior and any safety regulations established for the benefit of all participants. I accept sole responsibility for the conduct and actions of the Minor while they are participating in the Program.
PHOTO/MEDIA RELEASE – YOU WILL HAVE THE OPTION TO ‘OPT OUT’ OF THIS IN YOUR REGISTRATION.
I do hereby agree to be photographed, audio, or videotaped by the N.C. Cooperative Extension, 4-H Program, and NC State University. I further agree that my image or likeness in photographs, videos, or audio may be used for educational or promotional purposes, including posting on the Internet. I agree that the use herein may be without compensation to me. I hereby waive any right to inspect or approve the finished electronic, photograph, or printed matter that may be used in conjunction with them now or in the future. I am expressly releasing N.C. Cooperative Extension, North Carolina 4-H Youth Development, and NC State University, its agents, employees, licensees and assigns from any and all claims which I may have for invasion of privacy, right of publicity, defamation, copyright infringement, or any other causes of action arising out of the use, adaptation, reproduction, distribution, broadcast or exhibition of such recordings.
The Program has established standards of conduct for all Participants. It is the responsibility of the Parent/Legal Guardian and the Participant to review the Program rules and standards of conduct. Dismissed Participants may not be eligible for a refund of any fees or expenses.
The Program agrees to:
- Provide an agenda outlining the activities of the Program including the times, days, and how to access content.
- Collect registration information such as participant name, address, phone number, parents/guardian(s) name(s), phone number(s) and email(s).
- Provide a supply list and recommendations for setting up the home workspace to help participants fully engage in the program.
- Take attendance and only allow registered participants to participate.
- Only communicate with participants through official Program platforms.
- Ensure that two or more Program staff are present for the duration of the program.
- Keep conversations and interactions focused on the Program goals and objectives.
- Create an environment where everyone is welcomed and given the opportunity to succeed.
- Ensure that all participants are treated with dignity, fairness, and respect. Harassment will not be tolerated. Hazing of any kind is prohibited. Cyberbullying is prohibited.
- Address problems that are brought to their attention.
- Will not share personal information, email, or social media accounts with minor participants.
The Participant agrees to:
- Participate in the digital environment to the same standard as a physical environment, including participating when called on, listening attentively, and minimizing distractions to others.
- Not share links or passwords for Program meetings or content.
- Challenge themselves to engage, be present and learn.
- Complete assigned projects on time.
- Request help if needed.
- Mute when not talking.
- Dress appropriately when on video.
- Not take inappropriate screenshots or images.
- Assume good intentions and have fun!
The Parent/Legal Guardian(s) agrees to:
- Assist the participant in setting up the home environment to meet the goals of the Program.
- Ensure the participant logs in on time and is prepared for the Program.
- Limit distractions and keep the participant safe throughout the duration of the Program.
- Allow time for the participant to complete required assignments.
- Communicate with staff prior to Program start time if the participant must be absent.
- Work with Program staff to resolve issues that may arise.
- Report illegal or inappropriate online behavior by staff or program participants:
- Office of Youth Programs and Compliance Incident Report.
- Contact email@example.com or call 919-515-4256.
- For emergencies contact NC State University Police at 919-515-3000.
The following may result in being dismissed from the program:
- Bullying, harassing, or using derogatory language towards another person or group of people.
- Being under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Repeated absences or failure to meet agreed-upon program work requirements.
- Violation of a University code, policy, or regulation.
What are the consequences if the participant does not meet Program expectations?
- Staff will give a verbal or written warning regarding behaviors and actions that are not allowed and in most cases give the participant an opportunity to correct the behavior.
- Depending on the behavior, they may also contact the parent or legal guardian.
- In some cases, staff may require a corrective action plan in order to stay in the program. Some behaviors may result in immediate suspension or termination.