Virtual Volunteering Opportunities
During these times of uncertainty, everyone is doing their best to stay safe and healthy at home. Are you looking for something fun and fulfilling to do in your spare time? Here are a variety of ways to give back by volunteering virtually from the comfort of your own home!
COVID-19 Relief Volunteering
- Partner with agencies in Durham County to Volunteer & Donate to support COVID-19 relief efforts.
- Consider hosting a Virtual Food Drive with friends and neighbors in collaboration with the Food Bank of Eastern North Carolina.
- Join a network to make face masks remotely with Cooperative Extension staff. Contact Cindy: firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-560-7319.
General Opportunities for All
- Operation Warm lists 25 remote volunteer opportunities for anyone interested. These opportunities really pull on the heartstrings, from sewing emotional support blankets to solving tasks for blind and low vision people.
- Interested in skills-based volunteering? Volunteer Match places individuals in specific roles with organizations locally, nationally, and internationally.
Volunteering for Parents
- Become a stress line counselor or facilitate an online parent support group to help build stronger families with Parents Helping Parents.
Children’s & Family Opportunities
- This link from Parents.com highlights five key websites for Kids & Family Volunteer Projects. Search for particiular interests or seek organizations.
Teens & College Students
- Teens Give is a platform for high schoolers to virtually tutor younger, underserved students who attend Title I schools.
- Diverse projects exist for college students, including research, fundraising, marketing, video producing, and more! Johnson and Wales University compiled a list specifically for Online College Students.
Written by Erin Matoko, Volunteer Services Coordinator for N.C. Cooperative Extension of Durham County. For more information, please contact the author at: Office Phone: 919-560-7340, Email Address: email@example.com