Welcome Baby Annual Coat Drive–Donate Coats Through December 31st!
The Second Annual Welcome Baby Coat Drive started on November 4th and runs through December 31st. Donations gathered during the drive will keep children warm this winter.
New and gently used children’s coats up to size 8 and children’s hats and gloves are needed. In 2012, 200 children from families in need, from birth to age five, were given new or gently worn coats throughout Durham. The goal is to double collections from last year.
Drop off locations for the 2013 Welcome Baby Coat Drive
- Durham County Cooperative Extension: 712 Foster Street
- Durham County Main Library: 300 N. Roxboro Street
- East Regional Library: 211 Lick Creek Lane
- North Regional Library: 221 Milton Road
- Southwest Regional Library: 3605 Shannon Road
- Durham County Human Services Building: 400 E. Main Street
- Self Help Credit Union, 301 W. Main Street
A program of Durham County Cooperative Extension, Welcome Baby, serves close to 10,000 families a year, buy providing parenting classes, car seat classes, cribs, developmental newsletters and through the Giving Closet. The Giving Closet is where families in Durham can come and shop (at no cost) for clothes, diapers and baby equipment for their children 5 years and under. The services are open to all Durham County and City residents.
Look for the drop off box at each location. For more information about the Welcome Baby Coat Drive, contact Patience Mukelabai, parent educator for the Welcome Baby Family Resource Center, at 919-560-7392 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org